Monday January 18th 2021
7 – 9:30pm
Online via Zoom
€350. Some concessions available.
A growing amount of research indicates that mindfulness can assist in:
- Getting a better night’s sleep
- Reducing worry and feelings of anxiety
- Improving tolerance of chronic pain
- Lifting mood and appreciating what is good in life
- Managing interpersonal conflict more effectively
- Enhancing feelings of self-worth and compassion for others
Taught in a gentle and supportive atmosphere, this intensive mindfulness training involves eight two and a half hour sessions per week as well as a full day workshop on Sunday March 16th. Each participant is given a handbook of notes that support the learning in the class. These are supplemented with a number of guided meditation audio files that can be easily downloaded for practice at home. In each session you can expect a gentle mix of mindfulness guided meditation practice, short presentations on the theme for that week by the facilitator, as well as some simple group exercises and discussion.
At the end of the course participants come away with a set of practical tools that allow them to be kinder to themselves and cope better with the stresses and strains of everyday living.