7:00pm – 9:45pm
€350 (but reductions are available for anyone experiencing financial difficulties)
Online via Zoom
(A great way to rekindle your commitment to being kinder to yourself and others, as well as reviving or deepening your existing practice of mindfulness)
This course is designed as a follow-on course for those who have already completed an 8-week MBSR, MBCT, .b Foundations or similar course. It allows participants an opportunity to deepen their mindfulness skills through focused compassion training that promotes a healthier and happier life and more fulfilling relationships. Created with a general audience in mind, it may also be of particular benefit for anyone who finds it hard to be kind themselves or who is living with a chronic pain condition, whether physical or emotional. This MBCL course is a radical training in learning to be more compassionate towards ourselves and others. It explores the inner and outer science of compassion in an accessible way and introduces participants to a range of new practices that promote a sense of ‘heartfulness’ in relation to all of life’s experiences.
Themes for each week of the course:
- Wk 1: Wired to survive rather than thrive: How we evolved – threat, drive and soothing systems
- Wk 2: Embracing inner demons: threat and self-compassion
- Wk 3: Treating habits kindly: untangling desires and patterns
- Wk 4: Out of the mud and into the light: embodying compassion
- Wk 5: Receiving and giving with every breath: self and others – widening the circle
- Wk 6: Making friends for life: growing happiness
- Wk 7: Heartful mind, mindful heart: weaving wisdom and compassion into daily life
- Wk 8: Healing life: living with heart
Key Features of the course:
A welcoming and supportive online learning environment using zoom
· two and a half hour weekly sessions
· A mostly silent weekend half-day to deepen practice after week 6
· Participants are asked to spend between 45 minutes to an hour doing home practice each day.
· Opportunities for participants to receive and give support in maintaining a regular mindfulness and compassion practice.
· Downloadable audio guided practices recorded by your teacher
· Each session includes a ten minute coffee break
Note: Participants are recommended to purchase a copy of Erik van den Brink and Frits Koster’s (designers of the course, published manual A Practical Guide to Mindfulness-Based Compassionate Living. However, since there will be plenty of downloadable notes, it is not essential to have the book.